Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Are You Too Stressed to Sleep?

Too Stressed to Sleep?

“Ah. That pillow feels good. That new eco-friendly laundry soap I use is nice, and I’m glad I’m not hurting the environment. Of course, it costs more than the old stuff, and my commissions have been down at work. If I can just do a stellar presentation on Thursday, maybe I can get a raise. When do I have time to work on it? I can’t do it Tuesday because I have to meet with Kevin’s teacher; I wonder why he’s been acting up in class. Is it because Troy and I have been fighting more? But I thought we were keeping it quiet. Speaking of quiet, I need to calm down my brain to get some shut eye…."

This common scenario happens nightly to many shoppers. People are worried, stressed and tired. And, unfortunately, the awareness of the importance of sleep and how little they get of it causes more stress. Sleep and stress have a chicken-and-egg relationship that’s cracking up the psyche of much of the population.

“People in many walks of life are concerned about losing their houses, losing their jobs and losing the future for their children," said Robert Foster, CEO, Novus Life Solutions LLC. “Secondly, the environment in which we live continues to become more toxic. This condition is the result of the food we eat, the water we drink and the electromagnetic smog in which we find ourselves living."


Maybe the one worry that will help consumers end this sleepless cycle is the fear of pharmaceuticals and their side effects. “Consumers have gotten very wary of the pharmaceutical industry," observed Deanne Dolnick, vice president, Next Pharmaceuticals. “Who doesn’t know somebody who’s taken an anti-anxiety medication or a sleep medication and has had terrible side effects or they can’t get off the medication? Another huge concern of mine is that I know people who have been prescribed anti-depressants for anxiety. Isn’t that overkill?"

Continued Tomorrow

http://www.naturalproductsmarketplace.com/articles/2011/03/too-stressed-to-sleep.aspx

http://www.depsyl.com/

http://back2basicnutrition.com/

http://bionutritionalresearch.olhblogspace.com/

No comments: